April 5, 2019

New Blog!

Welcome to the Ohio Reclaiming Witchcraft homepage!

This page was created to be a home base for Reclaiming Witchcraft community in Ohio, USA, and for anyone in nearby states who are close enough to consider Ohio a place to go for community. The creators of this blog, myself and my partner, are based in Cleveland, OH.

For years now, the only Ohio community option on the Reclaiming website's list of resources was a Yahoo group for the "Tri-State Reclaiming" community which encompassed Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky. I joined the group years ago in hopes that I would meet other Reclaiming Witches near me, but found that the group was long since abandoned by whomever had started it. There were some posts from people in Ohio over a decade ago, but no one had ever replied to them so they left. The group was full of spam that no one was removing.

In 2016 I posted in that old group letting people know my contact email, so people in the area could contact me and eventually we could get in touch. This blog is what I am creating as our new home base, to replace that outdated Yahoo group that no one was maintaining! It was too sad to me to think that some people in my state had reached out years ago to try and find Reclaiming community, and no one was running the group in order to actually communicate with them. I want there to be a place for people to go, someone to contact who can write back and say, "We're here!" We may not be a huge community yet--currently, my partner, myself, and one other person are the only people I have been able to find in the Cleveland area who identify with Reclaiming--but we are here. In order for there to be community, someone has to build it!


We decided to call this simply Ohio Reclaiming for now, or specify Ohio Reclaiming (Cleveland Area) so you know where we're based, instead of trying to remake the same Tri-State type group. We live in Cleveland which is the northern border of the state, right up by Lake Erie. That is some hours away from the southern border where we touch West Virginia and Kentucky. While Witches from Kentucky and West Virginia and other nearby areas are certainly welcome to get in touch, and find other like-minded people in your area using this page as a home base, we didn't feel it would benefit everyone to call this "Tri-State" when we are so far away from the area where our three states come together. We aren't in Kentucky or West Virginia, and as such are not able to provide community events in those states--at least not right now--but we plan to do so in Ohio as we grow. So if you're nearby, you're still totally welcome! Don't let the name fool you.

Other already existing communities near us in northeastern Ohio include the Pittsburgh, PA community (with whom we have taken some workshops and attended some skill shares), and there is also Trillium Reclaiming in Michigan, which is not a terribly far drive from us (about 3-4 hours) though we don't have any personal contacts there as of yet. Those are just some other nearby communities you may want to look into depending on where exactly you are! For those in West Virginia, there are also communities operating in Virginia (Shenandoah Valley Reclaiming) and in Baltimore, Maryland (Baltimore Reclaiming). Their websites can be found through the "Find Us Worldwide" page on the Reclaiming official website.

Today, April 5th, 2019, I have just put up a really basic blog, with basic settings. I have added the "About Reclaiming" page with the Principles of Unity and links to the Reclaiming and Witchcamp Council official websites, and I am posting this brief explanation of why this blog was just created. Another day I will work on a page about myself and my partner, who we are, how to contact us, etc. And over time, of course, more will be added here.

Until then, thanks for stopping by!

Blessings~
-C-